• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good decision to move him to opener, well done skip. :ph34r:

Looking tough for Rai to get back in, I'm sure he'll get his chance with internationals around the corner and we most likely lose Butler, Kerr and Wilson.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good decision to move him to opener, well done skip. :ph34r:
One of my more brilliant moments, imo.

Looking tough for Rai to get back in, I'm sure he'll get his chance with internationals around the corner and we most likely lose Butler, Kerr and Wilson.
I was actually thinking with you out of sorts but still being keeper, and depending on how Deane goes at 3, we could see a new top three of Rai-Towns-Bosco. We'll have to wait and see.

Simon

One of my more brilliant moments, imo.

I was actually thinking with you out of sorts but still being keeper, and depending on how Deane goes at 3, we could see a new top three of Rai-Towns-Bosco. We'll have to wait and see.
Yeh wouldnt be the worst thing.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Due to Thad's unfortunate injury, J Wilson will be making his FC debut versus Black, while Dan Rai gets another shot with the injury to Kerr.

Simon

Not much happening in the Colts thread at the moment, probably because we have the lowest ammount of active players. We are running top 2 (I think) in both forms of the game so we should be pretty excited about our chances for the rest of the season.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah definitely in with a shout. Think the only thing I've managed decently myself is bowling in OD and that's only because batsmen insist on slapping long hops down fielder's throats.

What happened to the 3,2,1s that were meant to be on their way? :(

Simon

With the season half over (game wise) thought I'd do a bit of a team summary about how we are going.

Colts Season Update

BC Fitzsimmons 3/10
Batting has been awful, since making a 50 in the opening game of the FC season has done practically nothing, looks out of depth at ODI level, will need to step up.

DK Rai 5/10
Has been quite good at the top of the order in OD scoring some good runs, maybe batting a little slow. Disappointing in FC and struggled to get back into the side after getting injured.

DP Towns 8/10
Has been excellent in FC highlighted by the 181, OD has been good too but probably not as great as we were hoping for. Like Rai bats quite slow and maybe needs to up the SR by about 10.

CR Butler 8/10
Ultra consistent in both forms, has 2 FC tons to go with his mid 40's average in OD this season, scoring freely in OD cricket too.

WA Kerr 7.5/10
Has dominated in FC cricket averaging a touch over 80, needs to turn more 50's into hundreds though. Also got a few rare chances in OD cricket but couldnt take them.

YA Fjermestad 5.5/10
Has been decent enough in OD cricket at the top of the order, scores fast but not big. Did nothing in his only FC appearance. Hopefully can get some more meaningful scores at the end of the season.

HGT Crockett n/a
Cant even make a score in grade, future looks bleak.

KO Aditya n/a
Who?

MJ Deane 7/10
Is our leading OD wicket taker and also has a FC century to his name. Genuine all rounder status for him this year but would have liked to have seen more scores while he was at 3 and also needs to get the OD bowling economy down.

UA Aslam n/a
Missed the team induction at the start of the season.

TV Weber 6/10
Has bowled excellently in OD cricket with a couple of important spells, can barely buy a FC wicket though and hasn't scored any runs apart from the odd decent contribution. Needs FC wickets to get the rating higher.

A Pimpkins n/a
Currently suspended

JC Wilson 3/10
Dont want to be too tough but hasn't done that great yet. Theres a future here but maybe not in OD cricket, has really struggled for wickets in that form of the game while he bowled without luck in his only FC appearance.

MW Wilson 7/10
As usual has been very good in FC cricket, has maybe been a bit underused but has a ton to his name as well as the best bowling average in the side. Hasnt done much in OD and looks pedestrian with the ball in particular.

T Bochat 6.5/10
Sat around twiddling his thumbs for the past half a dozen seasons and finally got a chance this year in FC, bowled sensationally only to be struck down by injury. His 14 wickets in 3 games means he will certainly get another chance soon.

KS Wright 5/10
The former captain has been disappointing by his own standards this season, OD bowling has been well below what he is capable of while the FC stats are ok but not amazing.

GM Thomas 8/10
The skipper has 11 more FC wickets than anyone and is one of the leagues better performing bowlers, hasn't been sighted in OD yet and maybe thats a good thing.

CJ Laing 9/10
The young all rounder has come from nowhere to steal the show for Colts, batting in both forms is as good as anyones while OD bowling has been handy, would perhaps enjoy a bit more of a bowl in longer version of the game.

Jarquis

Gah, Callum hogging the limelight :p
My ton was at 3 wasn't it? Just literally nothing came after it :(

Simon

Yeh thats why I said more scores at 3. I think you must have batted there 5 times for one score over 30 and that was ur ton.

Jarquis

Yeah, I was seeking confirmation not correcting you haha.
I hit a ton there in Grade...... :(
Was a poor effort, saying that I've not set the world on fire down the order.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Personally wouldn't put myself at 8/10 - I've not scored nearly enough 50's, getting out at 30-49 way too often for my liking. Reminds me of my days at Green! Hoping to improve a lot.

Who are our inactives? We should give them a little pokin'.