• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Current CWBCC

Waughney

International Debutant
Andre said:
I agree on the whole the board does an excellent job.

However, things need to be transparent for all so we all know what is going on, and the players need to be listened to. I also think that we need one or two elected board members so the people can have a say in how things are run. It's all well and good to have a thread asking if people are happy with Liam and Reuben - I can't see a lot of people standing up and arguing for fear of upsetting the status quo so to speak.

I do believe that if we have 1, 2 or even 3 democratically elected board members the system will be far better off and a wider range of voices and views will be heard.
Agree, good idea.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I think the board is doing sound as it is.

I agree with the suggestions of others being elected onto the board because it would add other peoples views to the decision making.
However, I don't think that it would be the quick fix that people are saying it would be because no decision that the board will make will be agreed with by everyone.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
dont we have a players rep now though.... there is even a forum where people can post stuff if they cant get in touch with him.

players could im sure also ask senior members of ther side

or do we need more player reps, maybe 3 instead of 1

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
age_master said:
dont we have a players rep now though.... there is even a forum where people can post stuff if they cant get in touch with him.

players could im sure also ask senior members of ther side

or do we need more player reps, maybe 3 instead of 1
I don't think more then 1 Players Rep is neccisary. However I think the current position needs to be better utilised.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ hey marc , fair point mate.. seen that you guys feel a temporary board member based on rotation policy might be helpful.. although having more problem might create issues and might not just solve problems that already is there..

Currently we have 4 teams each with about 16-17 players which makes about 70 people and 2 people are making the major decisions.
IF this is regarding selection... Liam is the nominated member representing the board on the selection panel, that whole team makes decisions on Team selections etc..
The board hasnt made ANY major decision of late , and liam can easily clarify that the only things the board has come down to handling is minor things such as Shedule for tours, Charity Matches, Sponsorship, Issues / Suggestions people bring up etc.. Which is easily a 2 man job.. and liam and me have kept up tremendous communication throughout the period of the CW Cricket History that has made the job going well.. Although Ian please point out what you see as us making a "major decision" please, that way it would help me understand what exactly you mean..

So to say having additional members, even temporary might still need consideration , because the Players Rep is was not only voted just for Selection issues , yet all the players have voted on the person to be their "Representative/Voice" for the players to communicate with the board and guide us.. And dave was spot on when saying the "players rep position needs to be more utilized" And ofcourse Andre is there too , and he should feel free to communicate with us too , if necessary over an issue , we have not said no to any of this..

Hope this helps , feel free to discuss

Thanks
Reuben
CWBCC

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
So the Board is Liam and Reuben

The selection panel is Liam, Reuben, Hakon, Andre, Master Blaster...right?
Mostly right except.. The captain of the CWXI is on the Panel aswell .. and as Master blaster said he isint on it now..

Andre

International Regular
lord_of_darkness said:
^ hey marc , fair point mate.. seen that you guys feel a temporary board member based on rotation policy might be helpful.. although having more problem might create issues and might not just solve problems that already is there..
How can it create more problems? There are a lot of people (senior people I might add) who have issues with the board in its current state and it needs change. As is stands at the moment no problems are being solved by the current board, as highlighted by the Nikhil issue still hanging around.

Reuben - I do suggest you talk to Liam about everything that goes on, because it seems you've been left out of a fair few things...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As email records will attest to, the Nikhil Nichani trial was conceived a long time ago, but prevented from coming into play when Nikhil retired on the day it was agreed upon.

I have no problems with an additional Board member. I think it would help the process actually. I'd nominate Andre, but we would have to take a full vote mefinks.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
lord_of_darkness said:
Mr. P said:
So the Board is Liam and Reuben

The selection panel is Liam, Reuben, Hakon, Andre, Master Blaster...right
Mostly right except.. The captain of the CWXI is on the Panel aswell .. and as Master blaster said he isint on it now..
Another small correction: Actually, you and Liam share the one vote of four on the Panel, as per the conditions laid down here (which, I might add, is not followed at the moment...the captain is treated as a full member of the panel, and there is no TBT representative)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
As email records will attest to, the Nikhil Nichani trial was conceived a long time ago, but prevented from coming into play when Nikhil retired on the day it was agreed upon.
And he said he'd only come out if I forgave him.

Can we ever trust a word he says?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
lord_of_darkness said:
yes it is.. liam can confirm that we still do share the one vote.. and he is the nominated board representative on that..
Correct, and it's not that part that is not followed up.

However, these conditions are not followed:

Selection Committee Regulations said:
1) members [shall include] a tour-by-tour selection member. This member will be appointed by the CWBCC, but cannot be a member of the CWBCC.
2) the captain...will only vote if there is a deadlock.
1) is currently not in place, and as a result 2) the captain is treated as a full member. Unless of course the captain is the tour-by-tour selection panel member?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
1) is currently not in place, and as a result 2) the captain is treated as a full member. Unless of course the captain is the tour-by-tour selection panel member?
It should be clarified that this is a decision of the Panel to make such a change.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
How can the panel make decisions about itself?!
The Panel has to function and it effectively did by allowing Sangrah to phase out.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The Panel has to function and it effectively did by allowing Sangrah to phase out.
But not replacing him...

This was mentioned a while back and brushed over then as well...