• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The England Thread

DDRickyDD

Cricket Spectator
I think England are gonna get 100+ Points on saturday. I guess the US team will be full of failed American Footballers.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was just 'meh' really. I was expecting it tbh.
Same here. Must be such a shame for all you England fans, arguably your best player keeps getting these injuries. Really it's a shame for world rugby, as I'm a bif of a Wilko fan now after seeing him on the 2005 Lions tour where he really impressed me with some tough defence, much braver than what I thought he would be.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Same here. Must be such a shame for all you England fans, arguably your best player keeps getting these injuries. Really it's a shame for world rugby, as I'm a bif of a Wilko fan now after seeing him on the 2005 Lions tour where he really impressed me with some tough defence, much braver than what I thought he would be.
Well we're so used to him not playing it's more like a bonus when he is playing, rather than a hit when he isn't.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Olly Barkley may be broken too now....

:-O From the Beeb.

Jonny's definitely out of the saffie game & now Barkley's been injured in training. As he was our last recognised fly-half one can't help but wonder why he wasn't wrapped in cotton wool.

Catt to 10, with Farrell at 12 with kicking duties if the worst comes to the worst I'd guess. :mellow:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Vickery suspended for 2 matches

From the Beeb. :laugh:

Oh, dear. You have to smile, don't you? No fly-halfs & now no captain. Actually, FWIW, it's good news really as Stevens is a far more dynamic presence & worth his place in the XV. There's no way Ashton would've dropped his captain, so this is something of a silver lining.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
LMAO. Hope Barkley doesn't make it.
You get your wish. Farrell to start at 10. :-O

Dear lord. That it's come to this. English union goes into its most important game since the last world cup with a bloke who's never played a senior game at fly-half ever in situ. I'd like to know when was the last time he played first receiver in league, if it comes to that. I don't want to labour the point, but given Sarries don't see fit to play him there, why are England suddenly starting now?

Two scrum-halves on the bench seems excessive too, but I'm guessing that they're the last two men standing, back-wise.

PY

International Coach
I have a feeling that his size has something to do with the decision, given the opposition, and that Mike Catt will end up doing a lot of work at 10. It is typical of English rugby since 2003.

We're going to get mauled.