• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FINAL--> Westindies VS England

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
honestbharani said:
I was not just referring to the some who 'seemed' (atleast to me) to be criticizing Vaughan here at CW. I was also referring to the various pundits and others who were saying that it was wrong and a mistake etc in TV and in the magazines.
Fair enough.

Those would be the same people who say 'first is everything, second is nowhere' I suppose.

Hurma

Cricket Spectator
well it was good tht england won against australia...australia was getting on my nerves..always winning all the trophies and getting soo overconfident..i am soo happy tht eng won.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
Shame i had to listen to Blofeld commentating on most of it as i was driving home, he really should retire.
That was a cracking wind-up they played on him yesterday.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
It did come down to the toss.

And had England knocked the last 2 over and won, what would you've said then?

I think saying it came down to the toss does Browne and Bradshaw a huge diservice.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hurma said:
well it was good tht england won against australia...australia was getting on my nerves..always winning all the trophies and getting soo overconfident..i am soo happy tht eng won.
Welcome to CW Hurma. :)

That post does look a bit out of place here though.

Don

State Vice-Captain
hmm did i post here yet?oh welll.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WEEEE WON WEEEEE BLOODY WON HOW BLOODY GREAT IS THAT.I HAVE TO SAY ALL PROPS TO THE MAN I ONCE CALLED LOLIPOP HEAD NOW TO BE KNOWN ONLY AS STEADY EDDIE(BRADSHAW) AND TO THE MAN I ONCE CALLED A REALLY STUPID KEEPING DECISION(BROWNE).what a magnificient performance.-->had to break out a big word there.but lets not 4get that lovely 47 by the great shiv.ive gotta talk to my uncle now so if they bring the trophy to t&t i mite get to touch it and steal it to watta ya say fellas.now its time to win some test series.

hey anyone whu critisises(sp) vaughn for his decisions in that match should be strung tonthe roof by their balls.the man did a splendid job its just that we played superbly.

THE WEST INDIES BLOODY WON MAN WE WOOONNNNNN

Don

State Vice-Captain
hmm did i post here yet?oh welll.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WEEEE WON WEEEEE BLOODY WON HOW BLOODY GREAT IS THAT.I HAVE TO SAY ALL PROPS TO THE MAN I ONCE CALLED LOLIPOP HEAD NOW TO BE KNOWN ONLY AS STEADY EDDIE(BRADSHAW) AND TO THE MAN I ONCE CALLED A REALLY STUPID KEEPING DECISION(BROWNE).what a magnificient performance.-->had to break out a big word there.but lets not 4get that lovely 47 by the great shiv.ive gotta talk to my uncle now so if they bring the trophy to t&t i mite get to touch it and steal it to watta ya say fellas.now its time to win some test series.

hey anyone whu critisises(sp) vaughn for his decisions in that match should be strung tonthe roof by their balls.the man did a splendid job its just that we played superbly.

THE WEST INDIES BLOODY WON MAN WE WOOONNNNNN

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don said:
(choke) And we're happy for you.

No-one on here has criticised Vaughan's captaincy (I don't think so anyway) and I don't think that I've read any 'he should have done this, he should have d.....' in the media. I agree - he captained really well, but the West Indies did what counted in the end.

I sure as hell would have settled for runners-up before the tournament started, although I don't think the players would have - and that's how it should be.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
maxpower said:
WC or mini WC the curse continues for ENG.
Never mind - I think they did well (only not as well as the West Indies, of course).

Beaten finalist is better than (girlish giggle) beaten semi-finalist.