• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The rate of 10 outs in 20 overs

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Could you tell me the rate of 10 outs in a 20-over innings and average number of outs in a 20-over innings in the World T20 games?

uvelocity

International Coach
actually further to that, the rate of 10 outs in 20 overs is 1 out per 2 overs. hope this answers your question.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm I'm not really sure but it would likely have the same probability as a pitcher throwing intentional 4 balls in baseball. So basically a very rare phenomenon.

uvelocity

International Coach
is there any occurrence of a pitcher deliberately throwing intentional 4 balls in baseball? has this ever happened?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
is there any occurrence of a pitcher deliberately throwing intentional 4 balls in baseball? has this ever happened?
Yes, I have already answered this question for several times.
You should know Baseball rule to understand the intentional 4-ball tactic.
In Baseball, there are 1st, 2nd, 3rd and home bases. You may understand this in comparison with Cricket--in Cricket there are only 2 "bases" (both ends of pitch).
In Baseball, points are scored only when runners safely reached to home base. So, intentionally giving a walk to 1st base by 4 balls does not mean giving point(s).
So, sometimes pitchers avoid duel with strong batters by giving intentional walk, in the case there are runners at 3rd or 2nd bases.
When there is a runner at 1st base, intentional 4-ball is rare, because the runner at 1st base advances to 2nd base. Runners at 2nd and 3rd bases can score point(s) by 1 hit.
Intentional 4-ball tactic is very rare when there is no runner. However, even in that case, intentional 4-ball tactic is used (although very rarely) to avoid home run (equivalent to Cricket's 6s).

Last edited:

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Hmm I'm not really sure but it would likely have the same probability as a pitcher throwing intentional 4 balls in baseball. So basically a very rare phenomenon.
If so taking 10 wickets in a 20-over innings so difficult, Cricket Laws should be changed to increase the probability of outs and the number of outs should be counted as points. I cannot understand why 251-10 beats 250-0.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If so taking 10 wickets in a 20-over innings so difficult, Cricket Laws should be changed to increase the probability of outs and the number of outs should be counted as points. I cannot understand why 251-10 beats 250-0.
Why don't you start your own game of a mixed version of cricket and football and promote it all over the world. I am sure there are many other lokomotivs in the world who will like to play your game.
Please leave cricket as it is.

gwo

U19 Debutant
Could you tell me the rate of 10 outs in a 20-over innings and average number of outs in a 20-over innings in the World T20 games?
117 innings out of 768 in international innings= ~15%

6.3 number of wickets per innings.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
117 innings out of 768 in international innings= ~15%

6.3 number of wickets per innings.
Thank you very much for your info. And could you tell me the same thing about 50-over games (World Cup, World Cup qualifiers, World Cricket League, or others) and 40-over games (YB40, or others)?

gwo

U19 Debutant
Thank you very much for your info. And could you tell me the same thing about 50-over games (World Cup, World Cup qualifiers, World Cricket League, or others) and 40-over games (YB40, or others)?
7.1 wickets per innings

2092 in 6972 = 30%.

This is only for ODIs.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
7.1 wickets per innings

2092 in 6972 = 30%.

This is only for ODIs.
Well, it sounds strange for me... if the average number of outs is 6.3 in a 20-over innings, it must be 15.75 in a 50-over innings. Could you tell me why the average number of outs is only 7.1 in a 50-over innings?

Daemon

Well, it sounds strange for me... if the average number of outs is 6.3 in a 20-over innings, it must be 15.75 in a 50-over innings. Could you tell me why the average number of outs is only 7.1 in a 50-over innings?
You can't have more than 10 outs in an innings, regardless of the format.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You honestly think this? FMD. BTW, I'm wondering if in Baseball there has ever been an instance of 4 balls in a row, perhaps intentionally? That would be crazy if it did occur and I would love to see some footage if it exists!

OverratedSanity

Can't argue with this logic one bit