• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Wales thread -- as proudly promoted by Grecian

nick-o

State 12th Man
Long-awaited, but, as our esteemed sponsor Grecian explained, much-needed so that "respectable people can avoid it"

I know it's probably only Grecian and me that are really gunning for Wales this time round, but let's take a step back and celebrate the tremendous achievement of our first qualification for a major tournament since 1958. And, yes, we didn't qualify for that one really, but by god we beat those Brazilians, so who's splitting hairs? Not me and my boyo Grecian, that's for sure, I can tell you.

So let's put all our Cymru content by-here, with Grecian and me leading the Bread of Heaven chorus, and celebrate the new dawn of a new era of the new arising of a new superpower: Croeso, we say, Croeso!!!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Owain Fon Williams, released last year by a club who had just been relegated to the conference, and gets a gig in the SPL and a trip to the Euros with the Welsh for his troubles

Welsh and Scots slammed in one swoop, I can relax now.

I do love Fonners though :wub:

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll definitely be cheering them on against anyone but the Irelands. Hopefully every other player's relative incompetence means Bale and Ramsey are given the freedom to shoot from anywhere.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I will secretly (but probably not that secretly) pee my pants laughing if they beat England. And I actually quite like this England side too, easily the most likeable squad for best part of 10-15 years. The butthurt from the general public if Bale and Co roll them over would/will be greatly amusing though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I will secretly (but probably not that secretly) pee my pants laughing if they beat England. And I actually quite like this England side too, easily the most likeable squad for best part of 10-15 years. The butthurt from the general public if Bale and Co roll them over would/will be greatly amusing though.
Traitor

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait we have a likeable squad? I suppose it's mostly likeable aside from the few massive ****s like Vardy, Wilshere and Alli. Two of those are likeable football-wise I guess.

I like some of Wales' bang average players who don't look like athletes. Thinking of David Vaughan here really.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wait we have a likeable squad? I suppose it's mostly likeable aside from the few massive ****s like Vardy, Wilshere and Alli. Two of those are likeable football-wise I guess.

I like some of Wales' bang average players who don't look like athletes. Thinking of David Vaughan here really.
Well, I meant it's not full of the old guard from the "golden generation", and there's now a team that's capable of actually playing attractive football rather than the "hoof it and run" headless-chicken style we've become accustomed to.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, I think he is made more likeable through all of the chat **** get banged/having a party party/WKD memes that are going around. Don't really know much about the bloke other than his modest early career and that he's a handy player.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I heard a rumour he came from non league football, think they might have mentioned it in commentary on one of his games for England - anyone else heard that?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's got a nasty streak too. I can't help but like him a bit either, but it's really because he fired a really likeable underdog to the title rather than for anything about him personally. If he was playing for Chelsea he'd be universally hated.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He kind of said it over and over in a really aggressive way. Man's a ****, meme or not.
One incident doesn't make a man bad anymore than an act of charity makes a **** good

But really. I know little of the real life Vardy

He was playing conference football a few years back and just fired a side to their first ever title in this era

He could burn my house down and I'd still love him

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apart from a bit of nastiness on the pitch (In which case you go to hate Bergkamp and Zidane) what had Dele Alli ever done to make himself not likeable? I mean he is just so good.

nick-o

State 12th Man
someone please post the names of the players in the welsh squad
Here you go!

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Daniel Ward (Liverpool), Owain Fon Williams (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)

Defenders: Ashley Williams (Swansea), James Chester (West Brom), Ben Davies (Tottenham), James Collins (West Ham), Chris Gunter (Reading), Neil Taylor (Swansea), Jazz Richards (Fulham)

Midfielders: Joe Ledley (Crystal Palace), Joe Allen (Liverpool), David Vaughan (Nottingham Forest), Jonathan Williams (Crystal Palace), David Edwards (Wolves), George Williams (Fulham), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Andy King (Leicester)

Forwards: Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), David Cotterill (Birmingham City), Hal Robson-Kanu (Reading), Simon Church (Aberdeen, on loan from Milton Keynes Dons), Sam Vokes (Burnley)