• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Third Place Playoff: Belgium v England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I hadn't realised this started at 3.00pm.
Looking at the Guardian's running commentary, the midfield has been non-existent again and Kane's barely had a touch again. Is that a fair description?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hadn't realised this started at 3.00pm.
Looking at the Guardian's running commentary, the midfield has been non-existent again and Kane's barely had a touch again. Is that a fair description?
Yeah. It’s exactly like the Croatia game after half time, except Belgium are a bit better than Croatia were.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Weird how VAR seems to have become a complete non-entity since the knockout rounds started.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. It’s exactly like the Croatia game after half time, except Belgium are a bit better than Croatia were.
Watching the 2nd half, it just strikes me that we're narrowly losing to a superior and more experienced side. We've created a couple of openings either side of being too loose in the final third. It would help if they didn't keep falling to Dier, but at least he's trying to get on the end of them.

Spark

Global Moderator
Watching the 2nd half, it just strikes me that we're narrowly losing to a superior and more experienced side. We've created a couple of openings either side of being too loose in the final third. It would help if they didn't keep falling to Dier, but at least he's trying to get on the end of them.
Tbh though if Lukaku had brought his first touch today then it'd be 3-0.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Weird how VAR seems to have become a complete non-entity since the knockout rounds started.
Yes, the officiating has been really weak; almost a throwback to the 1970s. As we speak, a clear foul on RLC leading to the Belgian break-away.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
We've been really decent in the last 20 minutes. Trippier's delivery is inch perfect every time.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
And that wasn't entirely unexpected. Maybe one day England will produce footballers of the quality of KDB and Hazard again.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cynical fouls like that really piss me off. A yellow card doesn't feel like enough of a punishment when it's that cynical.
I know what you mean, but I'm just bemoaning the general standard of refereeing.

In the Conifa WC, they used green cards as well and red & yellow. Maybe for incidents that weren't quite red card offences but were worse than yellow card ones. No idea how they accumulated though, or what happened to players who got green cards; maybe sin binned like in rugby union. As you can see, I haven't looked into this very much.