• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Third Place Playoff : Wales vs Australia

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think this'll be the Taffs'. They've named their best available XV, so it obviously matters to them.

Be interesting to see if the Wobblies do likewise.

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah, the Welsh have to prove that they would have been competitive against NZ had they got their desired result against France.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Wallabies have named our best backline of the tournament. Week too late.

Congrats to Nathan Sharpe who gets his 100th Cap.

Mike5181

International Captain
Australian team: Kurtley Beale, James O'Connor, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Berrick Barnes, Digby Ioane, Quade Cooper,Will Genia, Ben McCalman, David Pocock, Scott Higginbotham, Nathan Sharpe, James Horwil (captain), Salesi Ma'afu, Tatafu Polota-Nau, James Slipper. Res: Saia Faingaa, Ben Alexander, Rob Simmons, Radike Samo, Luke Burgess, Anthony Faingaa, Rob Horne

ripper868

International Coach
Roberts should enjoy running at Barnes -Barnes is a good defender but not really an intimidating chap.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
IMO thats a better Australian side than the one they put out last week (taking aside the front row). Guess its nice to see both sides fielding strong line-ups - sometimes theres a tendency in these matches to make major changes.

ripper868

International Coach
Still to see AAC pass the ball tbf. At least we'll get to see if Barnes is the great 'foil' that Cooper has needed all this time.

Course it couldn't be the ****house tactics Deans has instructed Genia and Cooper to play.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Deans is a crap coach at no point did I want him as the new AB coach. I have disliked him ever since he was a part of the decision to pick leon macdonald sp? ahead of Tana in 2003.

The only good thing he has done is picking O connor and having faith in him.

Here is my backline

Barnes 10
O connor 12
Beale 13

Digby 11
Some random winger 14
Ashley Cooper 15

Reserve Cooper

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
You would think Wales would've been on the receiving end of a belting if Cooper didn't get injured. He actually looked threatening for once in this tournament.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I hope for Aussie's sake this is the end of his international career. he has had enough chances and I have never seen him play like he does at super 15 level.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Better performance from the Aussies tonight, but seriously, is there a worse goal kicker going around than that guy Hook.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope for Aussie's sake this is the end of his international career. he has had enough chances and I have never seen him play like he does at super 15 level.
I highly doubt that'll be the last of Cooper at international level. Put aside the WC and for the majority of the year he performed better than Carter (admittedly DC struggled in Super Rugby with injury for a period). With due respect to Barnes, hes conventional but not outstanding when compared to Cooper, whos still only 23 after all. Perhaps Cooper is to Australian rugby what Sehwag is to Indian cricket - brilliant when hes on form but exposed when hes not. Also I'll point out that Cooper's comfortably the top "try assister" in the tournament.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Better performance from the Aussies tonight, but seriously, is there a worse goal kicker going around than that guy Hook.
I'm sure Stephen Donald could give him a run for his money. :ph34r: In seriousness, really surprised that Hook struggled so badly for goalkicking form; every other time I've seen him kick hes been pretty accurate.