• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thread for the English to be smug

Craig

World Traveller
The way he played, he proved he is the best flyhalf in the world and perhaps the best in the world.

I read in thae Dailey Telegraph that I think it was by Wilkinson's manager said 9/10 people in Engl;and didnt know who he is.

I think that is bit of a lie, especially appearing in aid with a certain Real Madrid Midfielder with a London accent and if you guys beat Australia.

Oh well I better start practising God Save The Queen

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I notice the Kiwi's have gone VERY quiet!

Also, not much from the Aussies either, what is the world coming to?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
smug? Not me.

Nothing's been won yet (and I tipped France for the big prize so what do I know?)

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Make the most of it this week mate, because I hope you won't have a chance after Saturday! ;)
haha england's looking for it's first national party in 40 odd years :lol::lol::lol:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cloete said:
haha england's looking for it's first national party in 40 odd years :lol::lol::lol:
I don't see much evidence of party preparations. Most of my pals are like me - apathetic.

Sorry, but I'll be watching the golf tomorrow morning (although I may flick over to get the latest score)

iamdavid

International Debutant
In to extra time , this is som etense stuff:O 8D :O :)

17-14 , Wliko hits a drop goal from half way

Problem is Australia havent been able to spread it for the life of them , can only recall Sailor touching the ball 4 times.

Imagine the pressure on Elton Flately , thats the sort of kick you dream of as a kid in the backyard , world cup final , one minute to go.............:saint:

I still reckon England will choke though , I mean when was the last time they won any title of any significance??:lol: :lol: :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What a match for excitement.

Some interesting decisions from the ref towards the end of the 80, but who cares?!

iamdavid

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
What a match for excitement.

Some interesting decisions from the ref towards the end of the 80, but who cares?!
Bet you wouldnt be saying that if England had lost :D :(