• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Throwing Stuff

Shri

Mr. Glass

Arjun Nageswaran: I am a 11 year-old boy who lives in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. This is a picture of me playing cricket with my two friends. I am the batsman. We played in the snow and the rule was that if it went past the snow, it would be a 4. Whenever the ball landed in the snow, we would pick it up and in the process create footprints in the snow that would last a long time. I hit the next ball past the snow and got a 4, but got my trousers wet from the snow.
The Indian Cribb? Should get him here asap. Maybe he could run the CW Forumer World Cup better.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
In my youth, I regularly played backyard cricket with some of my neighbours who were roughly the same age as I. We developed some really unorthodox rules to counteract the environmental hazards at play.

One such rule outlawed throwing anything other the other players, particularly while they were batting. Penalty runs would ensue if this rule was broken. The reason behind this was fairly simple; players used to throw all sorts of random objects that could found on the field at the batsman to distract him. Gumnuts, grass and eventually even shoes were thrown, which saw to the introduction of the eventual rule after a shoe cost me a match to the shoe-thrower.

These penalty rules essentially got me a win one day. I was four runs short of victory when I was dismissed, before one of the fielders decided to throw gumnuts at me. It was a deliberate concession of penalty runs out of spite, to stop another player he was having a tiff with from finishing on top. The rules had to be tinkered again after that.

Good times.
The people have spoken PEWS. Original post received 15 likes compared to 8 for the updated 2013 version..........15 yo PEWS > 25 yo PEWS.

Flem274*

123/5
PEWS got so angry about this thread he tried to delete it, I brought it back, he deleted it again, I brought it back and then when I quit modding we had to have a truce where I would never link to it or dig it up and he would let it live.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
PEWS got so angry about this thread he tried to delete it, I brought it back, he deleted it again, I brought it back and then when I quit modding we had to have a truce where I would never link to it or dig it up and he would let it live.
you can bring this back, but you can't do anything to bring back the Mclenenenen encounter? sort it out

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, so do I.

In fact, if I came into contact with 13-14 old "me" on a forum of any sort, I would probably absolutely hate them and get into repeated arguements.

I apologise to all for two years of absolutely pathetic posts - and not just on Cricketweb, on all forums.
This is how feel when I see old posts pop up on the memories section on Facebook

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sticky this thread in Off Topic. Think it should be shown as a gentle reminder of how even the greatest dictators start off innocent.