• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine

TNT

Banned
What a series from Tim, averaged 48 with the bat and came into the team much to the disgust of some but has shown he was the man for the job.

Congratulations Tim on a job superbly done.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In hindsight he really was the perfect selection. Hopefully he gives another 5 years of service to the team

Burgey

Be nice if he took half a step to his left to catch Cook, but otherwise yeah

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
still looks a long way away from that first FC ton in 10 years or whatever it is but yeah he more than did enough to retain his spot for next series

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I reckon Paine will be the first Oz wicketkeeper post-Gilchrist to be consistently a contributor with the bat outside Australia.

Daemon

He kept really well I thought.

Batting wise it's hard to say what the future holds considering what he was up against, but he definitely did a good job this series. I do think Wade would've done a similar job with the bat though.

Gob

International Coach
He kept really well I thought.

Batting wise it's hard to say what the future holds considering what he was up against, but he definitely did a good job this series. I do think Wade would've done a similar job with the bat though.
Nah

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
He provides the right balance to the team right now. He's a bit of an old pro, has played almost 100 FC games, so he provides some experience to a still reasonably young team. Also doesn't seem like a dickhead.

Was assured enough with both the bat and gloves to make everyone feel comfortable that he's up to this standard.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
It would be difficult to drop him off the back of an OK series, bu tat 33 and scratching together runs, is he really a long term option for the Aussies? As a keeper he is fine but as a batsman, that average is truly flattering. He scratched his way to a couple of scores of 40+ and 30 something and got a fifty. He rarely looked comfortable or fluid. Going in against Philander, Morkel, Rabada and co will be very, very different and I feel he is a walking wicket.

Why not look to invest in someone younger who could be around for the next 5 or 6 years?

Gob

International Coach
Er i thought he looked perfectly fine. Looking fine how ever has never been his problem at least in his short test career