• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tipping Comp

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
i know it is still 56 days out.... but it is holidays and i thought i might give it a start

one problem i have encountered is when to post the games that people will need to tip for....this would be all fine IF we all lived in Brisbane Australia.....but obvioulsy we don't

any suggestions on how to overcome it.....i was originally thinking about a 24hr time period because i have school for the first half of the competition. This would mean at 6:00pm (EST - Brisbane Time) every day i would come on and post the games that would be played in the next 24hr. This is becuase all games are being played overnight in Brisbane Time
I have come to realise that those who live in England maybe getting the short straw on his occasion....
anyone with any ideas...

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
I dont know how to solve that problem
but on a more tipping contest note
i know youre running this Ben but i'd like to make a suggestion
Stage 1 pick a winner
underline the team you think will win
E.g. England vs Brazil
(3 pts for correct result)

Stage 2 pick the score and margin
E.g. England 2 vs Brazil 3/ Brazil by 1 goal
(10 pts for correct score & 5 pts for correct margin)

Stage 3 pick a man of the match
(squads will be posted before the games)
E.g England- Wayne Rooney
(20pts for correct player)

that is all

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
i will keep both in mind

still just fine tuning how i will do everything at the moment
4 weeks out i will post a full set of "rules"
i will also post a full match schedule, and little things later on

the reason behind posting the rules 4 weeks out is to make sure everyone can have a look at them....Under no circrumstances will any modifications be made to those rules after that post however, before that date, make a suggestion and let it be open to the discrepency of the other tippers*

* - must be a registered tipper to have your say

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
4 points for spot on result
3 points for getting the margin of victory correct (or a draw which is 1 goal out)
2 points for getting the outcome.

All predictions up to kick-off are valid, no editting of posts allowed.

Those rules were simple and used to work perfectly fine when we had something in the past.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My tuppence worth: we could all register on a site that lets you run a private league. It also has the advantage of preventing cribbing of others' tips.

However if posting tips in a thread is the way to go how about:

1 point for correct outcome (win, loss, draw)
1 point for correct score (1-0, 2-1, etc)
1 point for first goalscorer
2 point bonus for all three (i.e. if you tip England to beat Trinidad 3-0 with Rooney as first goalscorer and all come to pass you get 5 points)

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
i like boy brumby's idea about the private league on a site the only problem is finding one
keep the ideas coming

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like Marc's points system - but i also like the idea of trying to guess first goalscorer...

Finding a site would make it easier if lot of people sign up...but as stated the problem is finding one

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My scoring system is tried and tested as being a fair way of awarding both those that are consistently accurate but also the spot ons!

Mind you, when we get near to the actual Tournament finding a site won't be a problem I'd think.

There'll also no doubt be a Fantasy Football thing for Dale to win.