• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Game: Worcestershire vs Australia

aussie tragic

International Captain
Who's talking about dropping Patto, probably 4th guy on the team sheet behind Smith, Cummins and Paine (would be 3rd except Paine is the only captain candidate we have).

Siddle on the other has always been one bowling performance away from being dropped when you have Starc and Hazlewood around.

Gob

International Coach
Lords supposed to be pretty flat right? I'd always try to fit Starc in because he is just different to others.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Although I think Starc is unfairly maligned here at times, and I reject the notion outright that him and Patto can't start in the same XI, I wouldn't pick him at this stage for Lords. He has a completely different modus operandi to Siddle, who was the steady man holding up one end. That attack balance worked well, if Siddle does miss it should be for Haze who is imo capable of doing a better version of the same sort of role.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Spoke to a mate down in Traralgon the other night and he made a point or two in comparison with the opinions held by CW regarding the merits of our bowlers, this is despite CW having so many various opinions all the time. It was slightly interesting hearing someone at evens with what I usually skim through on here. Kind of leading me to think there is probably some mythologising going on regarding some members of our pace attack. He would pick Siddle and thats not controversial at all.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting to see Wahmbino back out of posting a mere opinion in case it's proven wrong whilst calling others sensitive for rightly referring to his posting as weird.

Spark

Global Moderator
Although I think Starc is unfairly maligned here at times, and I reject the notion outright that him and Patto can't start in the same XI, I wouldn't pick him at this stage for Lords. He has a completely different modus operandi to Siddle, who was the steady man holding up one end. That attack balance worked well, if Siddle does miss it should be for Haze who is imo capable of doing a better version of the same sort of role.
Since 2005 our attack has often failed to live up to its billing in England, at least consistently over the length of the series. And every time, the central problem they have is leaking too many boundaries, which makes it impossible to build wicket-taking pressure and brings the crowd right into the game. It’s worth noting that, despite the seemingly difficult position Aus were in at the end of Day 2, they never let England run away with it and thus were able to peg them back quickly once they got breakthroughs.

Starc bowling as he is would wreck all of that. No way he should be picked if he’s going at >a run a ball in a tour game.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Took a closer look at Starc's 4 overs. Started with a wkt maiden, then 12, 4 and 11 runs so 0-27 off 3 overs....sounds pretty rank even by white ball standards?

trundler

I listened to the BBC commentary for the Worcestershire innings and it sounded like he bowled a fair bit of dross.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Starc gets Ferguson in his first over of the day. Can we somehow manipulate it so that Starc is always bowling his first over of something lol

Ulzan69

Banned
jack Haynes @18 year engu19 player
who in good nick against india and Bangladesh's clinical bowling in under 19 tri series smashed 4 fours vs quality bowling of Australia

Worcestershire 51 for 5

Ulzan69

Banned
rf
someone above says flat track at Lords
were england 85 A.O>>

eng will bounce back i know but their bowling attack still not well balance without tooth less mo and Anderson missing at Lords.

halba

International 12th Man
hazlewood looks ready to come back in for siddle. Haze despite being similar to Siddle, is superior in all aspects at his best.
Starc took 2 wickets, but was village mostly.

wrongun

Banned
hazlewood looks ready to come back in for siddle. Haze despite being similar to Siddle, is superior in all aspects at his best.
Curious about this....did they indicate whether he was bowling too full or short etc. The numbers dont tell the whole story.

wrongun

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if Marcus Harris replaces Bancroft. Maybe Bancroft is being too harsh on himself. He took 40 balls to score 7 in the 2nd innings. Not my personal wish but I think this change could happen. Anyone who heard the BBC comm....could you confirm if the conditions were tough or was he scratchy? Doesn't seem like a bad surface by the numbers but then we all know numbers dont provide all the context.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Starc took 1-29 off 11.5 overs in the day, while Hazlewood took 1-31 off 11 overs. So how was Starc village while Hazlewood ready?

Starc also took a no-ball wicket and had a catch dropped by Bancroft so could have had much better figures.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Bancroft really struggling...I guess that’s why you don’t pick a bloke off one ‘decent’ innings

trundler

Us no one going to mention how Worcestershire were 86-8 and then somehow managed 209? How did that happen?