• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Game: Worcestershire vs Australia

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc took 1-29 off 11.5 overs in the day, while Hazlewood took 1-31 off 11 overs. So how was Starc village while Hazlewood ready?

Starc also took a no-ball wicket and had a catch dropped by Bancroft so could have had much better figures.
you realize that figures aren't always an accurate assessment of how someone bowled right?

TheJediBrah

I'm backing Harris now. Bancroft was my boy pre-series but he looked so hopeless that I'm off him now. Get Langer junior in.

aussie tragic

International Captain
3rd day supposed to be rained out.

Wondering why Marsh was promoted to 3 and not Labuschagne who bats 3 regularly?

halba

International 12th Man
3rd day supposed to be rained out.

Wondering why Marsh was promoted to 3 and not Labuschagne who bats 3 regularly?
harris for bancroft and hazlewood for siddle the only changes for Lords test. Bancroft is messed up.

Starc is pure village now. failed to remove the tail. Hazlewood did the job on the top order whilst conceding limited runs. In combination with Cummins and Pattinson could be devastating and thats why the aussies will be putting hazlewood back in.

Long term hazlewood has superior strike rate and average to Siddle.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Starc will play 3rd test when Pattinson is rested...

...or after they need someone to match Archers pace after he destroys Aussie batting order

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've just read an article that says theyl rest Patto this test so he's fit for the third.

Either way looks likely he won't play the full series, which is probably smart management considering his history. I'm still thinking every test could be his last but I guess it's possible he does a Cummins and somehow overcomes it all to form a decent career

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I would go more based off pitch conditions than anything else, if it's likely to do a fair bit Siddle may well be worth sticking with after all. If it looks like an absolute road Starc would be a more dangerous option. But Hazlewood is the way I would rather go personally, more economical than Starc while having enough zip and bounce not to be blunted by flatter decks

vcs

Is Starc's Test career hanging by a thread?
Of course not, Pattinson is not suddenly going to play every Test for the next decade. Moreover, I find it strange that Hazlewood's been mediocre since Ashes 2017, while Starc hasn't been great either, but at least bowled a couple of great spells in SA and took a 10-wicket haul against SL recently.

morgieb

Of course not, Pattinson is not suddenly going to play every Test for the next decade. Moreover, I find it strange that Hazlewood's been mediocre since Ashes 2017, while Starc hasn't been great either, but at least bowled a couple of great spells in SA and took a 10-wicket haul against SL recently.
Those South Africa spells were 18 months ago now....i.e. nearly as long as the Ashes 17/18. Also Hazlewood didn't play in those Sri Lanka Tests so who knows what he would've done against them.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I think Australia should play Pattinson in the next test. There's a big gap between Edgbaston and Lords. The biggest gap of the series probably.

Patto should play as many live matches as he can.

Bancroft should never have been picked in this squad, let alone given first crack at the opening spot. Harris deserves a go but I'm convinced that Archer will sort him out for good. But he at least deserves the chance.

TheJediBrah

Uzzy should open, everyone else move up a spot and slip another middle-order batsman in. Ideally KPat but I guess since he's not there either Labu or Marsh? Not my first choices but at least you'll get a few overs out of them and they'll probably do more with the bat down there then whoever you pick to open.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Uzzy should open, everyone else move up a spot and slip another middle-order batsman in. Ideally KPat but I guess since he's not there either Labu or Marsh? Not my first choices but at least you'll get a few overs out of them and they'll probably do more with the bat down there then whoever you pick to open.
I would much rather Labuschagne over Marsh, have more faith he could at least make a few runs on the basis of his county form. Definitely prefer KPat over either though