• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Training help

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Liam Duke - 19 yo, BT Rating=26,095
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: competent Concentration: strong
Bowling: quality Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

Got him on 1 bowling, 1 fielding and one keeping net. Does anyone have any ideas to close the gap between his bowling and consistency

(he kinda reminds me of Liam Camps :ph34r:)

Jakester1288

International Regular
Liam Duke - 19 yo, BT Rating=26,095
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: competent Concentration: strong
Bowling: quality Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

Got him on 1 bowling, 1 fielding and one keeping net.
Why a keeping net when he is an allrounder, who is an awesome bowler, batsmen and fielder, with woeful keeping, and you put him on keeping? You would be better giving him a batting net rather than keeping, TBH.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Why a keeping net when he is an allrounder, who is an awesome bowler, batsmen and fielder, with woeful keeping, and you put him on keeping? You would be better giving him a batting net rather than keeping, TBH.
He's on a keeping net because andruid's trying to get his consistency up to a decent level -- there's no point in having a Remarkable+ bowler if his cons is only Proficient!

In response to andruid, I'd keep him as-is and his cons shoudl catch up in a season or so.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I'm taking this thread an an opportunity to ask a question.

What should my training intensity be for the nets? I've got it on 98 ATM, thinking about lowering it when my players fitness levels drop from playing matches and stuff though.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Would never lower it from 100 tbh.
Yeah, keep it at 100 the whole time.
DWTA. If you set it at 1 then your players train much faster but have bigger fatigue. If you have it on one a competent will pop to respectable in just one week and then just 2 to proficient but will be very fatigued, but if you have a filler squad you can just play them for a short while as the trainees will be gun soon enough so you can afford it.

Jakester1288

International Regular
DWTA. If you set it at 1 then your players train much faster but have bigger fatigue. If you have it on one a competent will pop to respectable in just one week and then just 2 to proficient but will be very fatigued, but if you have a filler squad you can just play them for a short while as the trainees will be gun soon enough so you can afford it.
Wow, I didn't know that.

I'm changing it to 2 now. Later through the season I will change it to 1, though, as my players become more fatigued.