• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tri series nz,oz and eng instead off icc trophy

brockley

International Captain
if they pull out of the icc knockkout trophy.
Could be worth a go you think,get someone like standford to back it.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
South Africa, England and OZ tri series would be a better series. NZ feels like a distant poor cousin of these three powerhouses in terms of pulling crowds and quality.

Jakester1288

International Regular
New Zealand, Australia and England would Tri-Series in my opinon. I would not complain if South Africa were tossed in there, but then it wouldn't be a tri-series.

Where would it be help though? Australia, New Zealand, England or South Africa?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wouldn't it be rather pointless holding it in Australia though? Isn't it footy finals time of year? So hence no-one would watch and FoxSports at best would cover it?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wouldn't it be rather pointless holding it in Australia though? Isn't it footy finals time of year? So hence no-one would watch and FoxSports at best would cover it?
Yeah I agree with this.

Care factor would be very low for most Aussies [not necessarily on here] I'd say.

brockley

International Captain
August 1 year we had south africa at the telstra dome it was packed for 3 one dayers.
More than likely england,maybe 1 of englands millonaire sponsor it or maybe sky.
South africa will send a side to the icc trophy it just won't be their elite squad.
SACB may be a bit unhappy if we invite them.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
South Africa, England and OZ tri series would be a better series. NZ feels like a distant poor cousin of these three powerhouses in terms of pulling crowds and quality.
Harsh WRT quality, I'd say. NZ have just defeated us home & away in ODIs.

I'd vote to just not bother if said nations drop out of the CT. It's an unloved tournament & the Stanford & Champions League 2020 thrashes have to be crammed into the schedule somewhere. Let the players stick their feet up.