• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

We must continue to look forward

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look like any version of any sport if you play enough games you will find the strongest team will end up winning a greater percentage no doubt. But a case in point is Afridi's bowling, he takes a wicket tonight and he's the leading wicket taker of the tournament, is he a better bowler than Clark, Sing or Vettori? Personally I don't think so.
He'll have also bowled more overs than those 3 and I don't see really what you're getting at. If you have any statistic that relies on a small number of games it doesn't matter whether it's Tests or ODIs or Twenty20 it is prone to a lot of variation. Afridi has also been more expensive than those 3 anyway.

Regardless I think he's bowled well, as have the others mentioned.

Balram

Cricket Spectator
And what has his being a 'gora' got to do with anything that you are saying?
Well it's no coincidence that there are no Africans, Asians or South Americans lining up to attack everything Indian simply because their team lost. If the glove fits...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Well it's no coincidence that there are no Africans, Asians or South Americans lining up to attack everything Indian simply because their team lost. If the glove fits...
Look here Balram, or whatever your name is. Calling anyone 'gora' amounts to rascism and we do not appreciate that on CW. You have been cautioned enough.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I strongly call upon the moderators to take action against this blatant rascism.

Balram

Cricket Spectator
He'll have also bowled more overs than those 3 and I don't see really what you're getting at. If you have any statistic that relies on a small number of games it doesn't matter whether it's Tests or ODIs or Twenty20 it is prone to a lot of variation. Afridi has also been more expensive than those 3 anyway.

Regardless I think he's bowled well, as have the others mentioned.
I'm saying in 20-20, you can play well for 30 overs and that'll be enough for you to win a game, test cricket and to a lesser extent one day cricket is a better judge of real quality, anyone can fire for a short period, someone who can maintain a high standard of play over 300+ overs deserves to win.

Balram

Cricket Spectator
Allright allright, I unreservedly withdraw my comment made towards member sideshow Tim with sincerest apolgies.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Allright allright, I unreservedly withdraw my comment made towards member sideshow Tim with sincerest apolgies.
Good.

You are new here so let me inform you that we look very strongly at posts thatcross certain limits. You can locate the rules of the forum and go through them. Its true there are other forums where anything goes. Not here.

Welcome to CW :)

pup11

International Coach
SJS love it when you talk like a veteran mate, btw Balram you seriously need to mind the kind of language you use on this forum.

pup11

International Coach
I think T20 world championship is being taken too seriously, T20 is new so its attracting people all around the world, but once they see more and more of it they are bound to get bored with the predictability of T20, because it just isn't proper cricket and it just ain't a test of cricketers skill and people are smart enough to realize that.

Scaly piscine

I think T20 world championship is being taken too seriously, T20 is new so its attracting people all around the world, but once they see more and more of it they are bound to get bored with the predictability of T20, because it just isn't proper cricket and it just ain't a test of cricketers skill and people are smart enough to realize that.
I've followed Twenty20 from the start and I'm a good deal smarter than the vast majority. The format is not predictable. It is proper cricket and it most certainly is a test of cricketers' skill. There is no hiding place in Twenty20, if you aren't up to it you'll be found out. If you can't handle the pressure you'll be found out.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Guys, let's keep it civil. Also, this is why the English Posts Only rule applies, I have no idea what some of the insults being thrown around mean, and so I don't really know what I should be doing about it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He's moping, he's a gora, he's a moping gora. And after reading his other thread I don't know there is too much that is uncalled for in his case.
Completely unacceptable on these forums. If you want to stay here, I would suggest you stop immediately with comments like that. That's an official warning.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
I think when Gilly was asked the other day that what were his thoughts about T20, he said he would watch it rather than playing it.
Its not only Gilly lot of players around the world have said that they would prefer T20 as the 3rd format of the game.

Balram

Cricket Spectator
Completely unacceptable on these forums. If you want to stay here, I would suggest you stop immediately with comments like that. That's an official warning.
Noted, see unreserved apology made earlier. Just out of curiosity this is completely unacceptable, where would the borderline be?

sideshowtim

Banned
Quit it. Your team didn't win this version so you blame it on the umpires but the truth is the opposite. Imagine in a test match first ball of the game someone is wrongly given out lbw, say an Australian Hayden, now that is a huge dint from the start, however you loose Hayden first ball of a 20-20 at the end of the day it'll probably be of little consequence.
I didn't blame our loss on the umpires at all...I'm saying their wrong decisions will be more influential on the outcome of the match. I was talking about T20 in general, and the fact that the better team will not always win.

Didn't see the racist comment, but if you have to stoop to that, you're pretty low.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I've followed Twenty20 from the start and I'm a good deal smarter than the vast majority. The format is not predictable. It is proper cricket and it most certainly is a test of cricketers' skill. There is no hiding place in Twenty20, if you aren't up to it you'll be found out. If you can't handle the pressure you'll be found out.
:ph34r:

grecian

Indeed, it is true. He's also charmingly modest.

Anyway, I agree with the original tone of the thread, and I'd like to add, "We must go forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom":unsure: