• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is gonna win the Sept 19th clash???

viktor

State Vice-Captain
howz this Bhandari guy? any chance of him playing in place of AA or will it be two spinners?

Sehwag309

Banned
Bhandhari is Poor Man's Malinga. He played one in Australia I think

I think they will go with 3 seamers, Sehwag, Ganguly, Yuvraj - 5th Bowlers

viktor

State Vice-Captain
hmm.... interesting description, esp as i have not seen Malinga either... but i get the idea. btw s309, im rt now watching the wc96 qf Ind v Pak.. thanks

Sehwag309

Banned
viktor said:
hmm.... interesting description, esp as i have not seen Malinga either... but i get the idea. btw s309, im rt now watching the wc96 qf Ind v Pak.. thanks

U havent seen Malinga the slinga, - has round arm action and can confuse batsmen with the ball's trajectory

Keep checking that Sports Download Page-

Coming up

Tebdulkar's 186
Ganguly's 183
Sandstorm Sharjah Match (The one b4 the final-very rare)
Cricket Legends, Gavaskar, Marshall, Vinoo Mankad etc

viktor

State Vice-Captain
oh no aggie definitely is indias greatest strength.
that he screws up more often than not is irrelevant!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
Whats a PHAL?
Bangalore Phal - one of the hottest curries known to man - what ice-cold Andrex was invented for.

(presumably, from what you are saying, a dish purely invented for the English palate, as Chicken Tikka Masala was)

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
luckyeddie said:
Bangalore Phal - one of the hottest curries known to man - what ice-cold Andrex was invented for.

(presumably, from what you are saying, a dish purely invented for the English palate, as Chicken Tikka Masala was)
No, we've had chicken tikka masala, but it's always been more of a 'chicken tikka mixed in with last night's butter chicken gravy' sort of deal, not the elixir of life as it is in Britain.

Bangalore Phal, on the other hand, is news to most people in Bangalore...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vroomfondel said:
No, we've had chicken tikka masala, but it's always been more of a 'chicken tikka mixed in with last night's butter chicken gravy' sort of deal, not the elixir of life as it is in Britain.

Bangalore Phal, on the other hand, is news to most people in Bangalore...
Absolutely.

It's said that Tikka Masala was 'invented' because some hob-nob asked for his Tikka to be 'less dry' back in the 1960's. It may be an urban myth, of course, but there must be a dozen people claiming to have 'invented' it. My guess is it came to pass just like you said...

(with apologies for employing racial stereotypes once more)

"What to do, Ranjit? Man at table No 6 has sent back Chicken Tikka, saying is too dry"
"Silly English person. Get gunk out of sink, Sanjay - now add spilt chicken soup....." (voice fading into distance, oh yes chaps)

(10 minutes later)
"He is lovin' it"
"Shutting up, Sanjay. Cannot be saying that."
"Pardon?"
"Getting sued by McDonalds"

As for Phal, I have no idea.

Sehwag309

Banned
Never heard Phal. If it's that spicy, would love to try it

The killer sauce who got me spending 1 hour in the bathroom during a university lecture was Wings with Suicide Sauce...I was too drunk the night b4 to realize what i was getting into and the chef warned me and I said I come from India, this might be like tomato sauce to me...OH man, he wasn't kidding

But it was so good, I went back one more time and faced the consequences again

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sehwag309 said:
Never heard Phal. If it's that spicy, would love to try it
I had something similar in Bristol 20 or so years ago for a bet - they called it a 'Tindaloo' and I ate the whole thing without a drink.

One of the more famous restaurants in England is Rupalis in Newcastle Upon Tyne - any of our North-Eastern members know if it's as good as it's cracked up to be?

Rupali - home of 'Curry Hell'

FRAZ

International Captain
Deja moo said:
Originally Posted by Nnanden

afridi will rock the indians bowling!

yeah.....for about 2 overs.
Yeah exactly and those two overs ,,,,dash dash dash ,And match won

Bouncer

State Regular
thanks for that, i actullay didnt use that since i was already getting video feed from two diffent people, but thanks very much. :)