• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah crazy that Englands odds didnt plummet after the SL loss. We're in a sticky spot now for sure.

Niall

International Coach
How the **** are we only 12%? England may not even reach the semis!
Not beaten any elite sides so far and crawled past tier 2 nations in Saffers and West Indies.

If they beat Aus or England then yeah that will change.

Oh and yeah England's betting price is rancid. No thanks.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Howe is using Bet365's UK figures isnt he which would explain their inflated chances.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I got on him 2 games ago @ $13, but Shakib is still paying a juicy $7 for man of the series... now the only question mark will be whether you can hand the award to a player from a team that won't even make the semis(likely) but damn if the blokes gonna end up with 500+ runs and 15+ wickets itl look a bit silly not giving it to him

stephen

A bit surprised that Englands odds have stayed so high. Lose to Australia tomorrow and all of a sudden missing out on the semis is a real possibility.
Their odds should have plummeted after that performance.

alexaston

Cricket Spectator
I have a large liability on Mitchell Stark finishing top wicket taker of the world cup on betfair and he is currently the favourite and top of the list. I'm thinking and hoping that Australia will rest him for the final two group games with the semi final, final and Ashes in mind. They have already qualified and although they are not quite dead rubbers as it effects who they will play whether they finish first, second etc, winning the group doesn't necessarily give them an easier semi final. England are most likely to finish fourth at present and that may sound strange after they have just beaten them twice, they will still be much shorter odds to beat new Zealand and probably about the same against India, given that England will have to beat one or both of those teams to qualify.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I cant see Australia resting him from both matches since he has had a very light workload (in ODIs) before the tournament. I havent heard of any niggles and its not as though Australia are picking the same XI each game, so the other bowlers are getting a chance.

If Australia are looking likely to play in semi final 1, your best bet would see him resting in the final group match, which is a short turnaround to the semi with the match being d/n, although it is the same venue as the semi.

I guess you also want Aus to lose in the semi and one of Amir, Archer, Ferguson to dominate.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
SL $2.75 vs. SA $1.45 looks good value since they need to win. SA might play better now that the pressure is off.

mr_mister

Ladbrokes offering $3.50 that Starc and Dorf combined will take 5 or more wickets against the kiwis

Yes please

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nice one mister.

I was on Najibullah top Afghan runscorer. Of course he had to go out on 42 to cut my winnings in half.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a good couple of days on the futures markets. Invested in both Australia and India as group stage winners - which has already come through for me as a tidy win regardless of which of the two finish on top.

Jumped on Starc for most wickets in the tournament at 1.73 after he took his second wicket today. He now leads by 7.

I should have stuck with the futures though - two losses in two days in the most sixes markets (South Africa v Sri Lanka; Australia v New Zealand).

Looking forward, I think Bangladesh are good value against Pakistan at more than 2/1 on Betfair.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Lots more money in the future’s market.

I’ve got India as tournament winners at 3/1, Starc top bowler at 4/1 and Root, Sharma, Williamson and Taylor at some good odds to be top batsman. Hoping Kane at 18/1 comes through but I doubt NZ will make the final from here.

I do dabble a little in match betting. Got on Australia at 11/4 when they were 100/5 yesterday, correctly guessing that we would let them off the hook.

Slightly pissed that Starc at 14/1 wasn’t awarded man of the match.

Niall

International Coach
Looking forward, I think Bangladesh are good value against Pakistan at more than 2/1 on Betfair.
Wow. I think the prices in the warm up between them was something like 4/7 v 11/8?

I know Pakistan have some great wins, but their performance v Afghanistan a reminder they are not a perfect side.

Bangladesh been pretty handy themselves also. I suppose if Bangla lose v India and they will then qualification is gone...then they not be able to pick themselves up for it,,but could not see them making many changes and no cert they lose to India either.

Yeah I'l back Bangla to...

Fully expect them to be all out for 75 chasing 400 now:ph34r:

mr_mister

Nice one mister.

I was on Najibullah top Afghan runscorer. Of course he had to go out on 42 to cut my winnings in half.
Had that with perera the way they day. He tied 30 with Fernando. I thought you just got a refund in a tie so was pleasantly suprised I at least got half winnings

mr_mister

Wow. I think the prices in the warm up between them was something like 4/7 v 11/8?

I know Pakistan have some great wins, but their performance v Afghanistan a reminder they are not a perfect side.

Bangladesh been pretty handy themselves also. I suppose if Bangla lose v India and they will then qualification is gone...then they not be able to pick themselves up for it,,but could not see them making many changes and no cert they lose to India either.

Yeah I'l back Bangla to...

Fully expect them to be all out for 75 chasing 400 now:ph34r:
Isn't there a chance Bangas can lose to India, thrash Pak and if England lose both games 9 points will be enough? Paks NRR is crap

Niall

International Coach
Isn't there a chance Bangas can lose to India, thrash Pak and if England lose both games 9 points will be enough? Paks NRR is crap
You could be right!

To be fair even if Bangla has to beat India and lost,,,I still would be tempted to back them v Pak....not as if they would rest many players and zero chances the big guns would be left out. Bangla players would never take a game v Pak lightly no matter the stakes.