• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Betting

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It seems India's odds dipped a lot in the beginning just because their tournament started late. Weird.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It seems India's odds dipped a lot in the beginning just because their tournament started late. Weird.
It's decided a bit by the market movements right? People probably lumped a lot on the teams that won their first games convincingly before India even had a chance to show what they could do

England, Australia, NZ and even West Indies might have pushed down India in the mind of punters

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
While I still think the Australia line is a bit on the optimistic side, the trend is more or less right. Expectations started reasonably low, gradually building up over the course of the tournament before starting to plateau out as of late.

Wouldn't call them favourites, but am certainly far more optimistic than I was at the start of the World Cup

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It's decided a bit by the market movements right? People probably lumped a lot on the teams that won their first games convincingly before India even had a chance to show what they could do

England, Australia, NZ and even West Indies might have pushed down India in the mind of punters
There was also that heavy loss for India to NZ about 35-40 days ago. I remember looking to see if that one had lured a few knee-jerking Boomers back into their old paradigm. A sort of 'juicy English conditions are back at the ICC's behest and will somehow last until late July, India can't thrive with seam' way of thinking.

stephen

While I still think the Australia line is a bit on the optimistic side, the trend is more or less right. Expectations started reasonably low, gradually building up over the course of the tournament before starting to plateau out as of late.

Wouldn't call them favourites, but am certainly far more optimistic than I was at the start of the World Cup
Personally (and I'm probably going to eat my words here) I can only really see India or England beating us at the moment, and only if conditions are right (flat pitch for England, flat or turning for India). If we get a 280 pitch I see Australia being favourites.

But then I also think that batting first is giving a huge advantage right now and that's as likely to decide matters as anything else.

mr_mister

TABs website paid out both a FAF and Perera bet I had on being top run scorer for their team early. Why would they do this? Both are only 30 odd runs clear of QDK and Karunartne respectively. Is it meant to be for good will purposes?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
TABs website paid out both a FAF and Perera bet I had on being top run scorer for their team early. Why would they do this? Both are only 30 odd runs clear of QDK and Karunartne respectively. Is it meant to be for good will purposes?
Yeah that seems silly, possibly a mistake.

Victor Ian

International Coach
I like the way Australia and India's drops are not vertical. It takes time for the horrible reality to sink in.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
My two best bets in the World Cup so far have been:

1. SL win against Eng (I put some money on SL at an odd of 23 during the lunch break - can you believe it lol!)
2. NZ win in the semis - but it doesn't compare to the above