• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread

Steulen

International Regular
No-one taking this up?

It's about average match attendance, and the answer is Brazil, host in 1950 with average attendance of 60,773.

Steulen

International Regular
Anyway, assuming I got it right this time, here's my Q:

By being selected for this World Cup I achieved a unique feat although it is not uniquely my own. Who am I and what is the feat?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Anyway, assuming I got it right this time, here's my Q:

By being selected for this World Cup I achieved a unique feat although it is not uniquely my own. Who am I and what is the feat?
Kevin-Prince Boateng, with his brother Jerome, as (half-)brothers picked for the World Cup but playing for different nations?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not exactly WC related but I just read it and found it interesting.

Who is the only player to have played in all 4 English divisions AND all 4 Scottish divisions?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Has to be a recentish player, we've only had the Third Division up here since 1994.

Unless he's a complete journeyman, he must count one (or more) of Livingston, Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Gretna as former clubs.

edit: I'm guessing the player in question is Scottish, since I doubt an English player good enough to have played in the Premiership would have ended up playing in the Scottish Third Division at some point.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Has to be a recentish player, we've only had the Third Division up here since 1994.

Unless he's a complete journeyman, he must count one (or more) of Livingston, Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Gretna as former clubs.

edit: I'm guessing the player in question is Scottish, since I doubt an English player good enough to have played in the Premiership would have ended up playing in the Scottish Third Division at some point.
No to playing for any of those teams. Yes to Scottish

Oh, in addition to all 4 leagues in England and Scot, he also played in the Conference

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Has he also played abroad?

Was his Premiership performance relatively early in his career?

Was he ever capped?